Sat, May 21|
Mindful Parenting of Adolescents
In Person Workshop with the founder of Mindful Parenting UAE, Jo Jewell. Suitable for all parents of children aged 11yrs to 19yrs
Time & Location
May 21, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Dubai, 9 29b St - Al Manara - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
About The Event
This one day workshop will focus on the skills needed to build a compassionate and connected relationship with your teen and how to maintain this throughout their adolescence and beyond. We will explore the teenage brain, how it changes, and why this can have a significant impact on their mental and emotional wellbeing as well as their behaviour.
Having this greater understanding makes it much easier for you to support them and use the skills I will teach you - these are all evidence based and as a result of extensive research into the adolescent years as well as through my professional training, experience and having raised 3 teens myself.
Mindfulness, in conjunction with neuroscience, gives us some incredibly useful skills and will enable you to be the parent your child needs to grow into a successful, happy adult.
During this workshop we will look at the following topics:
• Why being conscious is vital in parenting adolescents
• How to develop skills such as resilience, persistence, motivation and focus
• What boundaries are and how to set them
• How to guide your adolescent without using punishment or reward
• Managing common teenage behaviours e.g. defiance, anxiety, sleeping, eating, social media, gaming, friendships, stress, pushing boundaries, anger, school and exams
The cost of this workshop is AED700pp or AED1000 per couple and spaces are limited so please register via email on email@example.com or Whatsapp +971 54 466 8400